Its just been announced the iPhone 4. Quote There are over 100 new features, but I’m going to cover 8. The first one? An all new design.”
Steve made a joke about stop me if you’ve already seen this before presenting the much anticipated tech to the world.
- The slimmest smartphone on the planet
- Front facing camera
- Camera with LED FLASH
- Bottom microphone
- Top: Headset jack and SECOND MIC
- Going over external buttons, volume up and down, mute, front facing camera. Micro-sim tray, Camera with LED flash on back. – macrumours .
The pictures thats show the the stainless steel band is part of the antenna system. Great engineering excellence as normal .
“It’s the thinnest smartphone ever. Stainless steel, glass on the front and back. Extraordinary build quality. I don’t think there’s another consumer product like this. So this is our all new design for the iPhone 4. And that’s the first one.
Something called retinal display is now used on the iPhone 4. Details are
- Much more accurate color
- Incredibly sharp, better than OLED
- 800:1 contrast, 4x better than 3GS
- 3.5″ display
- 326 ppi. 800:1 contrast ratio also 4x better than 3GS. Uses IPS technology for superb color and wide viewing angle
- Automatically renders text in higher resolution
- Existing apps look better (except for those who hard coded 320×480)
- Powered by A4 chip
- up to 32 gb of storage, so no 64 gb iphone
Bigger battery plus A4 processor, 40% more talk time. 7 hours talk time. 6 hours of 3G browsing, 10 hours of WiFi browsing, 10 hours of video. 40 hours of music. 300 hours of standby.
On top of this theres now a another cool piece of hardware: we’re adding a three-axis gyroscope. It’s Gyro + accelerometer = 6 axis motion sensing.New CoreMotion API’s for extremely precise location
A whole new camera system.
“Now everybody loves to talk about megapixels, but we tend to ask the question how do we make better pictures? Megapixels are nice, but what these cameras are really about is capturing photons and low light photography. So we’ve gone from 3 megapixel to 5 megapixel, but we’re using a backside illuminated sensor.”
The camera also records HD 720p at 30 fps ““It records a full 720p at 30fps — it’s REAL HD. Tap to focus video, built-in video editing, one-click sharing, and the LED flash will stay on to illuminate scenes for video. Record and edit HD video right on your phone. It’s pretty remarkable. But we’re going even further than that…” “